Requirements For Admission
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements before being considered for admission to the the Middle Tennessee Cardiovascular Institute Adult Echocardiography program.
1. The applicant must have successfully completed one of the following education requirements:
A single two-year allied health education program that is patient-care related. Allied health occupations include, but are not limited to, diagnostic medical sonographer, radiologic technologist, respiratory therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist and registered nurse. Graduate of a two year program in Allied Health
Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree (any major and/or concentration) program from a regionally accredited college or university.
2. The applicant must complete and submit the Middle Tennessee Cardiovascular Institute Application packet and a $50 application fee. This is a non-refundable fee that is required before an application is eligible for review. Applicants can attach a check or cashier’s check in an envelope to the front of the Application for Enrollment, labeled “Application Fee.”
3. The applicant must submit an official copy of all Transcripts from any Universities or Colleges attended in the past.
4. The applicant must submit at least two (2) Reference Letters in a sealed envelope from former employers, professors, or other credible source.
5. The applicant should submit a resume in the application packet, along with all other required documents.
*****ONly the documents above should be submitted with the initial application package*****
6. If selected to move forward in the application process, The applicant must complete a Screening Interview with the Middle Tennessee Cardiovascular Institute selection committee. Interviews will take place after a student completes and turns in all required documentation in the MTCVI Application Packet. Interviews will be scheduled to take place up to 45 days prior to the first scheduled day of the Program. MTCVI will contact students to schedule interviews following the completed submission and receipt of the Application Packet.
If accepted into the program, the following must be completed
7. The applicant must complete and submit all Immunization Records including:
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR
Hepatitis B Vaccine or Signed Waiver
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
TB Test (must be completed within the last 12 months)
Current TDAP Vaccine (must have been completed within the last 10 years)
Flu Shot during current flu season (school will determine due date according to current flu season)
8. Current proof of health insurance and physical exam completed within the past 12 months
9. The applicant must complete a successful Background Check. Background checks must be current for the full year of attendance. This Background check must be completed within 15 days prior to the first day of class.
10. The applicant must complete and submit evidence of having passed a 10-panel urine Drug Screening. (Drug screenings must be done within 15 days prior to the first day of class)
In an effort to comply with the recommendations of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the majority of the major healthcare facilities and agencies utilized by the Institute for clinical training require that each student undergo a background check and a urine drug screening. Students seeking enrollment in this program must provide evidence of a passing score on a background check and a urine drug screen. Either the failure to provide the required results by the due date established or the receipt of anything other than a passing score will make a student ineligible for enrollment in this program. The background checks and urine drug screens are performed at the student’s expense.
Please send all required application documents and materials listed above by mail, fax, or email to:
Middle Tennessee Cardiovascular Institute
ATTN: MTCVI Admissions
4825 Trousdale Dr. Suite 238
Nashville, TN 37220
Fax: (615) 499-4102